New to Python - block grouping (spaces)

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:28:46 EDT 2015

On 04/16/2015 11:08 AM, alister wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:01:45 -0700, Blake McBride wrote:
>
>> As a side note, I bought a few books on Python from Amazon for use on my
>> Kindle.  At least one of the books has the formatting for the Kindle
>> messed up rendering the meaning of the program useless.
>>
>> Case in point.
>>
>> Blake
>
> A poor quality book
> You can write bad books for any language
>
> I do sympathise as this is something you cannot easily tell before
> purchase (although there as so many good guides available on line I don't
> think there is much benefit in buying a book)

Some publishers are worse about this than others.  Packt
(www.packtpub.com) has some decent material, but absolutely incompetent
when it comes to formatting python code in a Kindle .mobi file.  I don't
think I've ever seen *any* errata published for any of their books.  I
long since decided that anything I see from Packt that I want to read...
I might find it on Amazon, but I go to Packt's site and purchase the
PDF.  They have a harder time screwing that up, apparently.

O'Reilly, on the other hand, gets it right.  Period.

--
Shiny!  Let's be bad guys.

Reach me @ memilanuk (at) gmail dot com