Importing/migrating Mailman mbox files into Google Groups?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:32:39 EDT 2015

Quite sometime ago (2011?), the classic-rendezvous mailing list, which had
been hosted by a Mailman instance at bikelist.org, was reconstituted as a
Google Group. Just a bunch of old bikies interested in vintage bikes. The
original archives were never imported into the new group. (It might not
have been possible at that time.) I suspect there might be a way to
accomplish that today using some Google API like this:

https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/groups-migration/v1/reference/archive/insert

Has anyone here attempted such a feat? I have no problem with the Python
side of traversing the necessary mbox archive files, but have no experience
with any of the Google APIs.

Pointers appreciated...

Skip