calling an api in python code

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Apr 12 21:33:47 EDT 2015

Pippo <adm2303.2304 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sunday, 12 April 2015 20:50:51 UTC-4, Steven D'Aprano  wrote:
> > The API tells you how to use a library. That's what API means: "Application
> > Programming Interface".[…]
> > Can you ask a more specific question?
>
> This is what I want to use: https://github.com/mbrubeck/collusion
> No proper documentation for it!

That's a shame. Have you filed a bug report at the project, asking for
comprehensive API documentation?

Also: Thank you for replying chronologically (response immediately
follows what you're responding to). Please make your posts easier to
read by removing quoted material that you *aren't* responding to; this
goes by the term “trim quoted material”.

This message is an example of what I'm advocating: responses are
interleaved like a conversation, the only quoted material shows what I'm
responding to, and attribution lines say who wrote each level.

See also <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style>.

> Is there an API for creating network graphs in python? I want to
> create network for my text files.

The Python Package Index <URL:https://pypi.python.org/> has a search
feature; searching for “network graph” gives many results
<URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=network+graph&submit=search>.
I'm not familiar with such tasks though, so can't advise as to which
libraries might be better.

--
 \       “You can never entirely stop being what you once were. That's |
  `\   why it's important to be the right person today, and not put it |