Best search algorithm to find condition within a range

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:29:08 EDT 2015

On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 09:29:59 -0400, Dave Angel wrote:

> On 04/07/2015 05:44 AM, jonas.thornvall at gmail.com wrote:

>> I want todo faster baseconversion for very big bases like base 1 000
>> 000, so instead of adding up digits i search it.

> How do you know the baseconversion is the bottleneck, if you haven't
> written any Python code yet?

He doesn't. He doesn't comprehend that as far as a computer is concerned
an integer has no specific 'base', it's only when presented in a form for
humans to read that it gets base information added in the representation.

He's making these and other similar errors in the javascript groups too.

I suspect he's one of those people that spends his time thinking up
elaborate solutions that he has no idea how to implement as a response to
dreamt up non existent problems.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com