MicroPython 1.4.1 released

Damien George damien.p.george at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:43:58 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of MicroPython version 1.4.1!

MicroPython is an implementation of Python 3.4 which is optimised for
systems with minimal resources, including microcontrollers.

Since our last announcement, this release is both more "micro" and
more "Python".

Code size of the bare Thumb2 architecture version has dropped to under
71k (without reduction of features), the RAM usage has been further
optimised, and support for 16-bit microcontrollers has been proven via
the port to a PIC microcontroller with just 8k RAM.

On the Python side of things, there is now a "stackless" mode with
both strict and non-strict behaviour.  Strict will always use the heap
to allocate a call frame, where non-strict will fall back to the C
stack if the heap is exhausted.  More special methods have been
implemented, along with proper descriptors, OrderedDict class, basic
frozen module support and the ability to override builtins, among
other things.

The test suite has grown and coverage of the code is now beyond 91%.

Many other features have been implemented for the ports to various
microcontroller platforms, bugs have been fixed and the docs have been
improved.  A full change log is available at
https://micropython.org/resources/micropython-ChangeLog.txt .

For more information about the project please visit
http://micropython.org/
https://github.com/micropython/micropython

Best regards,
Damien George.