Question about uninstallation.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 21:13:37 EDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Gregory Johannes-Kinsbourg
<harmonoisemusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I’ve basically ended up installing both Python 2 & 3 (I’m on OS X 10.10 btw) and first of all was curious to know if they will clash with each when being used in terminal and how do i safely remove 3 (figure i’ll learn 2 first, then re-install 3). According to the manual I should remove the files from the application folder (fair enough) but also the framework (surely I should leave that for python 2?)

They shouldn't clash. You'll invoke one as python2 and the other as
python3. However, as Yosemite hasn't been released yet, you may find
that you have problems that nobody's run into yet. To get a better
understanding of Python, separately from any OS X issues, you may want
to make yourself a Linux computer to test on - it's usually not hard
to install a virtualization system and create a Linux machine inside
your Mac (or just get an actual physical machine). There have been
some issues with OS X and Python, in various versions; not being a Mac
person myself, I can't say what the least problematic version is.

ChrisA