Pyrolite, lightweight pickle and pyro client library, seeking a bit of testing help

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:28:44 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Irmen de Jong <irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> This is why Pyro has been using a different (and safe) serializer by default for a while
> now. You have to plow through the usual security warnings in the docs and make a
> conscious effort in your code to enable the pickle serializer if you really want/need it.

Is the safe serializer affected by byte order? If not, you could just
mark this off as a known bug, and say "if anyone has a big-endian
system to test this on, please help out". It would be another
incentive to use the safe serializer rather than pickle. And it'd save
you a lot of trouble. :)

I would have offered one of my systems for the test, except ...
they're all little-endian. I'm all PC-based hardware here (mainly
Linux running on Intel CPUs, though there are some variations).

ChrisA