Love to get some feedback on my first python app!!!

Chris Kaynor ckaynor at zindagigames.com
Mon Sep 22 14:24:24 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant <
jeanmichel at sequans.com> wrote:

> Anyway it's seems we agree anyway because your example perfectly
> illustrate what I was trying to demonstrate:
> print(cells[2]) is very easy to understand, most of people would say 'no
> need of any comment'. I think it does require a comment.

But the thing that requires the comment is the "2", not the "print" or the
"cells". And that comes to a more common issue: any number other than 0 or
1 in code most likely needs a comment (that comment could be merely a
variable name). Values of 0 or 1 may need a comment, but there are plenty
of cases where they are used quite clearly - its much less likely that
other numbers have obvious meaning.

Chris