the python shell window is already executing a command

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Thu Sep 18 15:58:11 EDT 2014

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:05:53 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>On 9/18/2014 11:24 AM, Seymore4Head wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:50:56 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
>> wrote:
>
>>> My question was "How do you start Idle?"
>>> (I can make a difference.)
>>
>> The way I start IDLE is to go to my programs folder and right click on
>> file.py in the directory and select "edit with IDLE".
>
>A couple more questions; after you run the file once, is there a warning
>above the first >>> prompt?  If, after the program stop and you see a
>second >>> prompt and run
>what is the result?
>
>If you run the program multiple times and get the error message, please
>cut and paste the whole message and the lines above, up to 10 or 15.

I think it might be that I was trying to re run the program too soon.
I haven't messed with any programming too much, but I did re run the
program I posted and gave it more time to finish.  That seems to have
been the problem.

If I run into the problem again after making sure the program has
finished, I will update.

Thanks