Python docs not accessible from IDLE

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 17 04:31:46 EDT 2014

Dear all,
since a few days, when I select Help -> Python Docs from the IDLE menu,
the link to the documentation that it tries to open in my browser isn't
working anymore.
The URL IDLE uses (copied from the browser address bar) is :
docs.python.org/3.4
and you have to add a terminal slash for it to work.
Now I don't know why it stopped working
(browser update, change on the python docs server, others?
I'm running idle-python3.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 and Firefox 32.0),
but a possible fix may be to simply make IDLE add the slash.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem ?

Cheers,
Wolfgang