[ANN] Jedi Python Autocomplete in Zeus IDE

jumppanen.jussi at gmail.com jumppanen.jussi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:29:53 EDT 2014

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:32:53 AM UTC+10, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

I have created some confusion since the code on the forum site is not
exactly the same as the code that I used in the post from above.

Sorry about that :(

> Here is the specific image:
>
> http://www.zeusedit.com/images/jedi_autocomplete.png
>
> That behaviour makes more sense than the behaviour shown in the
> screen shot. Perhaps the image needs to be updated.

This is what that image represents.

Using the correct code from the forum link in my test.py file, the
screen shot above represents the scenario where you have this code:

    def overdrawn(self):
        return self.|

and the Jedi Macro is run from the navigator panel (on the left).

I have doctored the original image above to better show the actual
location of the cursor.

With that list showing if I now continue to type *bala* then what I
will see is this:

http://www.zeusedit.com/images/jedi_autocomplete1.png

This is how the autocomplete is *meant* to work, but if you are not
seeing that behaviour then you have probably found a bug :(

Cheers Jussi