[ANN] Jedi Python Autocomplete in Zeus IDE

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Sep 17 11:32:36 EDT 2014

jumppanen.jussi at gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:42:16 PM UTC+10, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
[...]
>> According to the screen shot there, if you have typed
>>
>>     self.balan
>>
>> the autocomplete will offer the list:
>>
>>     balance
>>     close
>
> I'm not seeing that behaviour :?

Look at the screen shot on the page you linked to:

http://www.zeusedit.com/zforum/viewtopic.php?t=7200

Here is the specific image:

http://www.zeusedit.com/images/jedi_autocomplete.png

> For example using the coding sample from the link, assume I had this
> code (where | represent the location of the cursor):
>
>     def withdraw(self, amount):
>         self.balan|
>
> If the Jedi Autocomplete macro is run from the Macros panel (on the
> left hand side) then the only thing that is displayed is a popup list
> is this one item:
>
>     balance

That behaviour makes more sense than the behaviour shown in the screen shot.
Perhaps the image needs to be updated.

--
Steven