xlrd Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document

Andi Vaganerd andiroots at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:27:55 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to open an excel file (.xlsx) using python module xlrd.
And I'm getting this error over here:

"Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document"

Is there anybody here already got this problem? How do you resolve it?
I've a very simple python program to open that, but it just doesn't open, here is my very simple code:

import xlrd

def import_workbook_protected( path ):
    wb = xlrd.open_workbook( path )

if __name__ == "__main__":
    path = "workbook_for_test.xlsx"
    import_workbook_protected( path )

The only thing differente from others excel files, is that this workbook is protected, not with password, but I can't write on it, just open and read (on my computer, not on python)

Thanks!