protocol.py, brine.py, and compat.py causing trouble

Josh English Joshua.R.English at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:02:13 EDT 2014

On Monday, September 15, 2014 12:12:50 PM UTC-7, Emile van Sebille wrote:

> That's your clue -- I'd take a close look at the last changes you made a
> result of which caused this failure and apparent looping.
> It's easy to lay blame on the (whatever) library and look for a root
> cause there, but I'd first suspect I did something inappropriate as
> that's much more likely.
>

> Emile

I deleted the original post because I had figured out what I had changed. The troubleshooting I had done pointed me to those files, which turn out to be part of PyScripter, my IDE.

Oddly enough, once I fixed the actual problem (minutes after posting) it still makes no sense... I had a list of things that I processed and returned, but some refactoring left out filling the return list with anything. I'm not sure what happened, except possibly an endless loop.

Josh