I have tried and errored a reasonable amount of times

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:23:19 EDT 2014

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:24:19 AM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> > Steven D'Aprano:
> >> Who uses + for disjunction (∨ OR) and concatenation for conjunction (∧
> >> AND)? That's crazy notation.
> > That's the classic Boolean algebraic notation.

> Says who? (Apart from you, obviously :-) Since when? I've never seen it in
> *any* discussion of Boolean algebra.

There are the mathematician/logicians who do boolean algebra (usually
as part of lattice theory). They usually use ∧ ∨ ¬

The guys who (ab)use the add/multiply notations of school algebra are the
electronics books — Karnaugh maps, minimization all that stuff.
One or two pages of truth tables, some of this add/mul notation and then on
its all the standard logic-circuit diagrams for combinational and sequential
circuits.