O'Reilly Python Certification

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Sep 3 18:12:16 EDT 2014

On 09/03/2014 02:52 PM, jaron.breen at gmail.com wrote:
> Ethan, Steve, Tim, and others:
>
> I'm thinking of taking the program. How long, in hours, does it take to complete all four Python courses?

That is an impossible question to answer accurately.

I took the classes already having extensive knowledge of Python, which meant basically reading through the material, and
doing the homework -- so probably an hour for reading, hour for the homework, or two hours per chapter, blah, blah,
blah, roughly 30 hours for each class.

So that's probably a mininum.  Oh, and I also read pretty quickly.

So if your reading speed is average or slow you should probably add another 30; if you're learning instead of reviewing
add another 30; if applying new concepts to code does not come easy add another 30...

So anywhere from 30 - 120 hours per class, or 120 - 480 for the course.

I did say you wouldn't get an accurate answer, right?  ;)

I don't know who's teaching the classes now, but I was lucky enough to work with Kirby Urner and Steve Holden, and they
were both great instructors.

--
~Ethan~