(test) ? a:b

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Oct 26 22:56:22 EDT 2014

Joshua Landau <joshua at landau.ws> writes:

> On 27 October 2014 02:28, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Guido is incorrect. I've already stated what's wrong.
>
> You were arguing about what Guido thinks.

I don't know where I did that; to my knowledge, this is the first time
I've mentioned Guido, and it's in rebuttal to his authority on the issue
of whether “there's nothing wrong with” bool-as-a-special-int.

(On the separate issue of whether Guido is an authority on how Python
will behave, I haven't even commented. To be clear: yes, he is the BDFL
and therefore is authoritative on that issue.)

> Regardless, I feel you're making this out as a black and white issue.

There either is something problematic with a behaviour, or there isn't.

The *degree* of wrongness can vary. I'm merely pointing out that, in
this case, it's non-zero.

--
 \     “I must say that I find television very educational. The minute |
  `\       somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book.” |