Newbie suggestion: nice tutorial

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Oct 26 18:11:03 EDT 2014

On 10/26/2014 3:22 AM, Martin S wrote:

> So it was back to the internet - and this one seems pretty
> comprehensive and understandable:
>
> http://www.diveintopython3.net/
>
> It doesn't cover the latest point version of Python (it's still Python
> 3), but I hope it doesn't matter much?

I expect not. The book appears to have been written at the time of 3.1.
  There was no new syntax (but some stdlib improvements) in 3.2.  3.3
brought an improved unicode implementation and 'yield from'.  You likely
do not need to know about 'yield from' unless you use coroutines with
the 3.4 asyncio module. I expect nearly all the beginner code in the
book should still work.

--
Terry Jan Reedy