python student at university of jordan.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Oct 25 00:33:59 EDT 2014

heba abukaff wrote:

> Hi,
> my name is heba ibrahim abukaff from jordan ,iam a computer information
> system student at university of jordan . i have a trouble using the
> tokenizer to find the frequency list for URL using arabic text.and iam
> using python 2.7.2 on winXP,I tried this code but every time i run the
> code appears error with first line COULD YOU HELP ME.

We can only help you if you help us. We cannot guess the error that you get,
you have to show us. Copy and paste the complete error message, starting
from the word "Traceback" to the end.

Given the code you showed:

[quote]
> import re, codecs
import nltk
[end quote]

Notice the greater-than sign > at the beginning of the "import re, codecs"
line? If that greater-than sign is actually in your program, you would get
a syntax error:

py> > import re, codecs
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    > import re, codecs
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If that is not the error message you are getting, you will need to tell us
what error you actually are getting.

Regards,

--
Steven