Flask and Django

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:08:33 EDT 2014

On 10/10/2014 04:22 PM, Juan Christian wrote:
> Maybe that's because I feel the Django doc a bit confuse, I tried reading
> (and practicing!) tutorials, official doc, books, and so on, but I can't
> quite understand the whole thing.
>
> Is Flask really underestimated? Can you guys mention "big name" companies
> or people using it? Does it have real value in real world business?

Nothing wrong with using Flask, especially for a personal project, or
even something commercial.

That said, Django is pretty easy to get started with.  I have done very
little web development ever, and I can fairly easily get going with
Django.  The tutorials are quite good.  If you have problems with them,
you can get help on the django mailing lists and forums, I am sure.
Django does seem to get a lot of attention.  It's getting to be a huge
framework, with lots of bells and whistles, but I'm pretty sure you can
still use as much or as little of it as you need, and even discard parts
of it, such as the native Django database persistance API, and use, say,
sqalchemy.