trying idle

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:52:57 EDT 2014

Been using emacs for over 20 years and teaching python for 10.
And getting fed up that my audience looks at me like Rip van Winkle
each time I start up emacs...

So trying out Idle...

Some specific and some general questions:
My audience consists of people having linux and windows and macbooks.
Does Idle run on all these?
[Remember seeing some adventures with Tkinter...]
Particularly with macs my knowledge is at the level:
"How the ^%*)( do you right click without a right-click button?"
So I would like to avoid something that is not quite working.

Specific:
Is there a way to cut-paste a snippet from the interpreter window
containing ">>> " "... " into the file window and auto-remove the prompts?
[I have a vague recollection of Terry showing somethin...]