Python 3.4.1 on W2K?

Pal Acreide palacreide-general at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 00:22:57 EDT 2014

random832 wrote on Tue Oct 7 22:33:23 CEST 2014

>On Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 16:27, Michael Torrie wrote:
>>That's really interesting.  I looked briefly at the page.  How does your >>python extension work with xywrite?  Does it manipulate xywrite >>documents or does it tie in at runtime with Xywrite somehow?  If so, how >>does it do this?  Crossing the divide into a 16-bit app is pretty >>impressive.  > I assume that it uses temporary files (or pipes, don't know if DOS can
> do this), and that DOS programs can execute windows programs with int
> 21/4B.

Yup, files. In other words, rubber bands and chewing gum, but it works nicely. Here's a short screen video of an "XPyL" routine that compiles a sorted list of all unique words in a text file and reports average word length. Subject file is the Gutenberg e-file of Moby-Dick, a 1.2MB text file. It's fast.

http://youtu.be/88isdo-Cch4
BTW, this is Python 3.2.5 running on W2K in VirtualBox.

Pal A.