Python 3.4.1 on W2K?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 23:55:32 EDT 2014

On 10/07/2014 02:33 PM, random832 at fastmail.us wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 16:27, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> That's really interesting.  I looked briefly at the page.  How does your
>> python extension work with xywrite?  Does it manipulate xywrite
>> documents or does it tie in at runtime with Xywrite somehow?  If so, how
>> does it do this?  Crossing the divide into a 16-bit app is pretty
>> impressive.
>
> I assume that it uses temporary files (or pipes, don't know if DOS can
> do this), and that DOS programs can execute windows programs with int
> 21/4B.

dosemu has the ability to execute linux shell commands, I know.  Dosbox
does not, unfortunately.  It be nice to have such a facility.  Then
xywrite fans could have xywrite on any platform, not just windows.  I
suppose one could hack together a way of doing it via the dosbox IPX
networking facilities.