ruby instance variable in python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Oct 7 21:32:34 EDT 2014

flebber wrote:

> I thought that it was a shortcut in ruby to negate the other option of
> providing another default .

I'm afraid I can't work out what that sentence means, "to negate the other
option of providing *another* default"? How many defaults are you
providing? Then you negate *the option*, does that mean that you're not
actually providing a default?

Also, since you haven't quoted the person you are responding to, there is no
context to your response. The end result of a confusing sentence with no
context is that I have no idea what you are trying to say. Could you try
explaining again please?

--
Steven