python 2.7 and unicode (one more time)

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Sat Nov 22 20:52:37 EST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 18:38, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> That is a standard Windows build. He is again conflating problems with
> using the Windows command line for a given code page with the FSR.

The thing is, with a truetype font selected, a correctly written win32
console problem should be able to print any character without caring
about codepages (via use of WriteConsoleW instead of WriteFile). You
cannot rely on having the codepage set to 65001, especially since 65001
isn't actually a fully supported codepage.

In my opinion it is a deficiency in the win32 support, rather than
unicode support (and certainly nothing to do with the FSR), but it _is_
a deficiency.