python 2.7 and unicode (one more time)

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 18:38:16 EST 2014

On 22/11/2014 22:31, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> My favourite "find thousand and one ways to make Python crashing or
>> failing." but I don't recall a single bug report in the last two years from
>> anybody regarding problems with the FSR, or have I missed something?
>
> What you've missed is the grammar of the sentence you've (partially)
> quoted. Clearly he is seeking to make Python, and he is crashing or
> failing. My advice to him: Stop trying to build complex software while
> in command of a car.
>
> ChrisA

What?  The entire message follows.

<quote>
I think you are not understanding the point very well.

Py32 and Qt derivative + plenty of dirty tricks.
(It will probably not be rendered correctly.)

Write something like this (an interactive interpreter)
in Py32 and Py33 and see what happens:

 >>> print(999)
999
 >>> sys.version
'3.2.5 (default, May 15 2013, 23:06:03) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]'
 >>> # note the emoji and the private use area (plane 15)
 >>> a = 'abc\u00e9\u0153\u20ac\u1e9e\U0001f300\udb80\udc00z'
 >>> print(a)
abc需ẞ🌀󰀀z

Note: it can be "cut/copied/pasted" with a MS product.

jmf

PS I have to recognized, I'm slowly getting tired to
find thousand and one ways to make Python crashing
or failing.
</quote>

That is a standard Windows build. He is again conflating problems with
using the Windows command line for a given code page with the FSR.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence