Tag objects in Beautiful Soup

Simon Evans musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:31:08 EST 2014

Re:'Accessing the Tag object from Beautiful Soup' (page 22-25 - Getting Started with Beautiful Soup)
So far the code to python27 runs as given in the book, re: -
... <a href="http://www.packtpub.com'>Home</a>
... <a href="http;//www.packtpub.com/books'.Books</a>
... </body>
... </html>"""
>>> soup = BeautifulSoup(html_atag,'lxml')
>>> atag = soup.a
>>> print(atag)
</a>
>>> type(atag)
<class 'bs4.element.Tag'>

>>> tagname = atag.name
>>> print tagname
>>> atag.name = 'p'
>>> print (soup)
then under the next Sub heading : 'Attributes of a Tag object'
text reads :
atag = soup_atag.a
print (atag['href'])

#output
http://www.packtpub.com

however when I put this code to the console I get error returns at the first line re:-
>>> atag = soup_atag.a
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'soup_atag' is not defined