How do you download and install HTML5TreeBuilder ?

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Tue Nov 18 17:18:10 EST 2014

In <bbeeb470-aff9-4634-be0a-f9534b0edfc4 at googlegroups.com> Simon Evans <musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I downloaded HTML5 files and installed them to my Python2.7 directory,
> and went through the 'pip install' procedure, but this did not work.

> html5lib-0.999(1).tar.gz
> html5lib-0.999.tar.gz
> HTMLParser-0.0.2.tar.gz

Those first two files seem identical.  Did you mean to download the same
file twice?

Where did you place the files?  You say you 'installed' them to your
Python2.7 directory.  Is 'C:\Users\Intel Atom' your Python2.7 directory?

The command transcript appears to be you typing the same command,
'pip install HTML5', three times, with exactly the same result each time.
Did you mean to execute the same command three times over?  If so, did
you expect to get different results the second or third time?

--
John Gordon         Imagine what it must be like for a real medical doctor to
gordon at panix.com    watch 'House', or a real serial killer to watch 'Dexter'.