import graphics library; causes error

YBM ybmess at nooos.fr.invalid
Mon Nov 17 07:21:06 EST 2014

Le 17/11/2014 04:03, ryguy7272 a écrit :
> On Sunday, November 16, 2014 3:39:45 PM UTC-5, ryguy7272 wrote:
>> These libraries drive me totally nuts.  Sorry, just had to get it out there.
>> Anyway, I open the cmd window, and typed this: 'easy_install python graphics'.  So, it starts up and runs/downloads the appropriate library from the web.  I get confirmation (in the cmd window) that it finishes, then I try to run this script.
>>

>> # futval_graph2.py
>> from graphics import *
>> [...]
> In what directory?
> Well, that's a damn good question.  I thought, by defailt, everything was downloaded to this folder:
> 'C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages'

Except when the module does not exist in pypi... In such case either
easy_install and pip finish by printing out that the module cannot be
found...

graphics.py is NOT distributed through pypi, you have to download and
copy it by yourself in an appropriate place from the author's Web site:

http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/graphics.py

> It seems there is always a copy, so I cut/paste the folders named 'setuptools' & 'pip' (always taking off the versions and identifiers and the like...).  Then I cut/paste everything into this folder:
> 'C:\Python27\Lib'
>
> Is that how it's done or not?  Honestly, for the life of me, I don't know why a human
> being would have do do any of this, including using the cmd window, to install anything
> in 2014.  I can code in 10 different languages, not including Python.  Python is by far
> the most backwards type of technology that I can think of.
>  Using it is completely counter-productive.  I can't take it serious.  I have plenty of
> tools in my toolbox.  I'll keep learning Python, and keep reading books, and keep using
> it...but strictly for fun.  I would never use this as a foundation for a mission critical
> business application.

MS Windows is by far the most backwards type of technology that I can
think of. Using it is completely counter-productive.  I can't take it
serious. I have plenty of tools in my Linux boxes. I would never use MS
Windows as a foundation for a mission critical business application.

Hopefully I'm not the only one to think so...