import graphics library; causes error

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:35:39 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM, ryguy7272 <ryanshuell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I open the cmd window, and typed this: 'easy_install python graphics'.  So, it starts up and runs/downloads the appropriate library from the web.  I get confirmation (in the cmd window) that it finishes, then I try to run this script.

A couple of notes. One is that the state of the art in Python package
management is pip, not easy_install. It's still a command-line tool,
but I recommend sticking to that if possible.

Your command 'easy_install python graphics' attempts to install two
separate packages named 'python' and 'graphics'. The first package
seems to refer to the Python interpreter itself -- neat, I didn't
realize that Python itself was listed in PyPI. But probably not what
you were looking for, since running easy_install would tend to imply
that Python is already installed. The second page does not seem to
exist; there is no package named 'graphics' in PyPI. So I don't know
what it is that you believe you installed.