html page mail link to webmail program

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:50:28 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> My wife (using a Win7 machine) will be on a web page that has a link to mail
> somebody.  She clicks on it, and it opens the currently installed but unused
> Thunderbird.

As others have mentioned, this is more a question of configuring your
browser than anything involving python.

That said, those links on a web page that open an email window are
called "mailto" links.  A google search for "open mailto links in
gmail" (without the quotes) gets a bunch of general information, and
if you add your wife's browser of choice to the search terms, you
should get some explicit instructions for setting everything up
properly.

--
Jerry