IDE for python

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 16:41:29 EDT 2014

On 29/05/2014 21:11, Mark H Harris wrote:
> The OP is looking for an "IDE-like" interactive environment, because he
> is "uncomfortable" with IDLE.  IDLE is THE choice, however ---precisely
> because IDLE is clean, elegant, and most importantly "simple". It is
> simple to understand, and it is even simpler to use effectively... even
> for novice pythonics. IDLE is straight-forward.
>
> As Terry pointed out, IDLE is very useful and functional. And in the
> modern python world is also very stable (IDLE used to get a black eye
> because it had snags early-on).  Today IDLE works, has great features,
> and actually helps new users get on-board with Python.
>
> marcus

I'll point out (again?) that IDLE is improving all the time thanks to
Terry & Co.  This explains why http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0434/

Strangely I've been using Eclipse and Pydev since porting Java to Python
some time ago, it really simplified the process.  However I'd been
thinking of changing and picked IDLE because it's there.  Perfectly
adequate for my current needs.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---