Python 3 is killing Python

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Wed May 28 19:22:29 EDT 2014

Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> There are many large companies still using FORTRAN and COBOL because of
> a large investment in those languages, which are far more outdated than
> Python 2. What's your point?

I think some of us see Python 2 as perfectly fine--we've looked into
Python 3 and found some minor improvements along with some minor
breakage, and figure it's not worth the cognitive burden of switching
from something that already works, even if Python 3 is slightly better
in the scheme of things.

While I'm sure it will change over time, I currently don't actually know
anyone using Python 3 even for new projects.  I know *of* people using
Python 3 including here on this newsgroup, but I'm currently not
personally acquainted with any of them.