Python 3 is killing Python

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 28 16:24:15 EDT 2014

On 28/05/2014 20:58, Larry Martell wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid
> <mailto:no.email at nospam.invalid>> wrote:
>
>     Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com
>     <mailto:larry.martell at gmail.com>> writes:
>      > Somthing I came across in my travels through the ether:
>      > [1]https://medium.com/@deliciousrobots/5d2ad703365d/
>
>     "Python 3 can revive Python" https://medium.com/p/2a7af4788b10
>        long HN comment thread: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7801834
>
>     "Python 3 is fine" http://sealedabstract.com/rants/python-3-is-fine/
>
>     OT: wow that medium site is obnoxious.
>

> No company that I work for is using python 3 - they just have too much
> of an investment in a python 2 code base to switch. I'm just saying.

So you're happy because you've support until at least 2020, and the
people using Python 3 are happy, mainly because of the vastly improved
unicode handling via the FSR and asyncio in 3.4.  Presumably the only
unhappy people are those who keep bleating on about forking Python to
produce a 2.8, or has work on this already started without my knowledge?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---