Basic help

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:09:32 EDT 2014

On 5/21/2014 3:31 AM, Pat Fourie wrote:

 > Good Day Bob,
 >
 > Many thanks for your response.
ur welcome.

Some guidelines:

Post in plain text (rather than formatted with colors etc.)

reply to the list so we all get a chance to read your responses.

 > As mentioned I am new to Python, I apologise for the terminology.
Yeah, it's a learning curve. Also there may be some magic done to PyWin
by choice.exe / choice.py.

 > The software needs to run on a TELIT modem (GM862 – GPS).
I looked that up. Now I have basic understanding.

 > I am running the software under Windows 7 Professional.
 >
 > In the Python Windows IDE I use the “F6” function to “compile” the
source code
Here I am lost - my Python for Windows IDE does not have an F6 defined.
I see Choice.exe and Choice.py in the Telit PythonWin Software which (I
guess) configures PyWin. Where is the relevant documentation?

Until we know more about these issues I can't help. The link to GM862
Documentation takes me to a page with various devices (GM862 is not there).

Do you have this documentation? Will you share it with us?