Basic help

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Tue May 20 12:51:15 EDT 2014

On 5/20/2014 7:25 AM, Pat Fourie wrote:
> Good Day all.
>
> I am new to Python.

Welcome --

> I need to maintain software written on Python 1.5.2.

I'd point you to the tutorial for a start.

See the docs at https://docs.python.org/release/1.5.2/

> I will upgrade after learning more.
>
> My question is :
>
> When compiling,

Python isn't a compiled language other than reduction to byte code which
doesn't require a compile step but rather is done automatically at run
time, so this is somewhat confusing.

> the results of the compile is displayed in the “active
> window”. How can I view this window.

Here you are likely referring to your editor, but that's not a python
issue.

HTH,

Emile