How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:17:57 EDT 2014

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:55:42 PM UTC+5:30, Simon Evans wrote:
> Dear Programmers,
>
> As anticipated, it has not been to long before I have encountered further
>
> difficulty. At the top of page 16 of 'Getting Started with Beautiful Soup" it
>
> gives code to be input, whether to the Python or Windows command prompt I am not
>
> sure, but both seem to be resistant to it. I quote the response to the code below,

It was because I thought I saw such a mixup in your earlier posts that
I suggested you start with the python tutorial :-)
> Looking at the bottom of page 16, there is more code for the inputting of, that
>

> again does not take to the Windows Command Prompt or the Python command prompt,
>
> re:  import urllib2
>
>      from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

You probably need the above line
And you need to preceded the other lines at the python (not shell) prompt

On the whole it may be a good idea to put aside the book and just follow the quick start http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#quick-start

at the python prompt