How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Thu May 15 08:12:39 EDT 2014

On 05/15/2014 07:30 AM, Simon Evans wrote:
> Dear Programmers, I noticed a couple of typos in my previous message, so have now altered them thus :-
>
> Dear Programmers,
> As anticipated, it has not been to long before I have encountered further
>
> difficulty.

Your first thread was about getting Beautiful Soup installed and
working.  If you can successfully import it, you're ready for a new
thread, new subject line, etc.

Note the new thread's opener should be self-contained, meaning you
should mention the environment (version of BS, version of Python,
version of what OS), and your difficulty.

 > At the top of page 16 of 'Getting Started with Beautiful Soup" it
 >
 > gives code to be input, whether to the Python or Windows command
prompt I am not

My guess is that the book is now describing what goes in a program, not
at the "command prompts".  A program is typically written in a text
file, not at the interpreter prompt, though experimentation is certainly
done there.

Once you have a program in a text file (usually with the extension .py),
you run it at the OS terminal prompt by typing:
      python  myprogram.py

--
DaveA