How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:30:52 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Simon Evans
<musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> c:\Beautiful Soup>pip install beautifulsoup4
> 'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> c:\Beautiful Soup>
> Perhaps I oughtn't have downloaded the pip file to the same directory as the Beautiful Soup ? I will have a try at transferring the file to another folder
> and running the code you gave again.

No, sounds like a path environment variable issue.  The python
executable is on your path, but the pip executable is not.  The
get-pip.py script should have installed it into C:\Python27\Scripts, I
think, so either add that directory to your path (you can find
instructions for this on the web) or just cd to that directory and run
the pip command from there.