How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:33:43 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Simon Evans <musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I can see no bs4 folder within the contents.
> I can not see any setup.py file either, but this is how I downloaded it.

You do have a setup.py in there, but your Windows explorer is showing
it to you without the .py extension.  Something unusual is happening
with the download/extraction process though and you're missing the
correct folder structure.  If you take a look here, you can see what
you *should* have after unzipping:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~leonardr/beautifulsoup/bs4/files

This approach seems to be unproductive though, so I'm going to second
Mark's suggestion to just use pip:

1) Go to pip-installer.org and download the single file get-pip.py
2) Open a command prompt and cd to the folder you downloaded that file into.
3) python get-pip.py
4) pip install beautifulsoup4

And then you should finally be ready to get started.  Good luck!