SQLAlchemy - web framework ?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon May 12 21:04:23 EDT 2014

In article <17149f49-bb71-4c97-9d07-d80766b93865 at googlegroups.com>,
 flebber <flebber.crue at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to use SQLAlchemy as my ORM what would be the best option for a web
> framework?
>
> It appears the general advice regarding Django is to do it the Django way and
> use the django ORM and change it out for SQLAlchemy.

I'm not quite sure how to parse that last sentence.  In any case, if
you're afraid of using a third-party ORM with django, don't worry about
that.  We make extensive use of django and do not use the supplied ORM
layer.  In our case, we couldn't, because we're using MongoDB (we use
mongoengine as our ORM).  Django is modular enough that there's really
no problem swapping the ORM out for another component.