How do I access 'Beautiful Soup' on python 2.7 or 3.4 , console or idle versions.

Simon Evans musicalhacksaw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 12 12:02:42 EDT 2014

Hi Ian, thank you for your help.
Yes that is the book by Vineeth J Nair.
At the top of page 12, at step 1 it says :

1.Download the latest tarball from https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/b/beautifulsoup4/.

So yes, the version the book is dealing with is beautiful soup 4.
I am using Pyhon 2.7, I have removed Python 3.4.
Also on the bottom of page 10, Mr Nair states:

Pick the path variagble and add the following section to the Path variable:

;C:\PythonXY for example C:\Python27

Which tells me that the Python version cited in the book must be 2.7

I downloaded beautiful soup 4 last night. I unzipped it with 'Just unzip it' to a folder I called Beautiful Soup, the same as I did with the previous beautiful soup download. The console return is as below, showing that I am now facing the same conundrum as yesterday, before changing my version of Beautiful Soup. re:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Intel Atom>cd "c:\Beautiful Soup"

c:\Beautiful Soup>Beautiful Soup>c:\Python27\python setup.py install
'Beautiful' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

c:\Beautiful Soup>