[OT] Silde rules [was Re: Significant digits in a float?]

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue May 6 12:10:06 EDT 2014

On Tue, 06 May 2014 09:59:22 -0500, Mark H Harris wrote:

[...]
>      I used my rule well into college; the first calculator I owned was
> the Rockwell 63R --- "The Big green numbers, and the little rubber
> feet!"

Guys, heaven knows I'm guilty of the occasional off-topic post myself,
and I'm not obsessive about these things, but there comes a time in every
off-topic thread where the right thing to do is to label it off-topic.
And this thread has long passed that time!

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/