Unicode 7

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Fri May 2 06:04:23 EDT 2014

Chris Angelico writes:

> (common with dingbats fonts). With Unicode, the standard is to show
> a little box *with the hex digits in it*. Granted, those boxes are a
> LOT more readable for BMP characters than SMP (unless your text is
> huge, six digits in the space of one character will make them pretty
> tiny), and a "Unicode" font will generally include all (or at least
> most) of the BMP, but it's still better than having no information

I needed to see such tiny numbers just today, just the four of them in
the tiny box. So I pressed C-+ a few times to _make_ the text huge,
obtained my information, and returned to my normal text size with C--.

Perfect. Usually all I need to know is that I have a character for
which I don't have a glyph, but this time I wanted to record the
number because I was testing things rather than reading the text.