Examples of modern GUI python programms

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 04:48:33 EDT 2014

Metallicow <metaliobovinus at gmail.com> wrote:

> My opinion would be wxPython if not actually using for a mobile, or
> PySide if you are. Both of these have acceptable licenses if you want to
> go commercial also without having to pay for commercial library usage.

If you are to distribute a program using LGPL software on AppStore or
Gopgle Play, then remember that the user must be allowed to relink the
program with anpther version of the library. That is an LGPL requirement. I
don't see how this requirement can be satisfied in this case. Thus, LGPL on
AppStore or Google Play is probably put of the question. At least on iOS,
the user cannot change what you put in an App bundle. This excludes
wxPython and PySide. Thus, the only viable cross-platform choices are
commercial PyQt + commercial Qt or tkinter. In case of iOS, PyObjC is also
an option. py2app will also be useful for creating App bundles on iOS.

Sturla