YADTR (Yet Another DateTime Rant)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:25:44 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> It's difficult to pin-point exactly what characteristics of OOP are
> fundamental, but inheritance is surely one of them.

I've always understood OOP to be all about binding code and data
together (methods as part of an object, rather than functions
operating on data) - ie polymorphism, such that you say "do this" and
the object knows how its "do this" should be done. That's at least as
important as inheritance IMO.

But yes, it is very hard to pin it down.

ChrisA