YADTR (Yet Another DateTime Rant)

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 06:09:13 EDT 2014

On 26.03.2014 10:53, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

> Note : I don't see what's wrong in your example, however I have the feeling the term "stupiditie" is a little bit strong ;)

The problem is that for a given timedelta t with t > 0 it is intuitive
to think that its string representation str(t) would follow the rule

"-" + str(t) == str(-t)

But it doesn't.

> -- IMPORTANT NOTICE:
>
> The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

I hereby inform you that I - probably by accident received your very
confidential and privileged message! All hardware has already been
thrown into the incinerator, is that good enough for you? Or do I have
to fulfill some ISO-9001 certified privileged mail destruction
procedure? Please advise on how I shall continue my life.

Cheers,
Johannes

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If you write mails to newsgroups with a ridiculous confidentiality
footer, you are obliged under section 14.9a of the Imbecile Act to take
a blunt object of no less than 12 kg weight and hit yourself repeatedly
in the head until the email footer disappears. Failure to comply might
lead to criminal prosecution and/or permanent constipation! Thank you.

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.
 - Karl Kaos über Rüdiger Thomas in dsa <hidbv3$om2$1 at speranza.aioe.org>