Time we switched to unicode? (was Explanation of this Python language feature?)

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 17:22:54 EDT 2014

On 25/03/2014 20:21, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> Roy Smith wrote:
>> Doors that open automatically as you approach them are now routine.
>
> Star Trek doors seem to be a bit smarter, though.
> Captain Kirk never had to stop in front of a door
> and wait for it to sluggishly slide open. Also the
> doors never open when you're just walking past and
> not intending to go through.

Had anything gone wrong, there was always Scottie.

"What's the trouble, Scottie?".
"Main drive's gone, Captain.".
"How long will it take to fix.".
"Three days.".
"You've got 20 minutes".
"Ay ay, Captain.".

Nowadays the role of the Captain is taken by the salesman, sorry the
Account Manager, and Scottie is played by the programming team leader.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---