Time we switched to unicode? (was Explanation of this Python language feature?)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:48:00 EDT 2014

On 3/25/14 12:08 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> How quickly can you switch, type one letter (to generate one Cyrillic
> character), and switch back?

Ok.. after installing Ukelete from Summer Institute of Linguistics SIL I
can now edit the installed keymaps and select them from input sources at
the top of the menu bar.

So, I mapped the alt-l key to λ and whalla, lambda in zero time;
whoohoo.  Same for π,  just alt-p. Control has an entire blank page for
key mappings so the sky is the limit.

very fast, no mouse

marcus  λ π