python installation on windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:35:19 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Mark H Harris <harrismh777 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, the PSF runs python (the interpreter) from a web server (I can
> access the python interpreter from my browser from the PSF site).
>
> How is that done simply, is possibly what the OP wants to know (me too).

That's a much MUCH harder thing to do than running Python code in your
web server, because of trust issues. I don't know how it's set up, but
there'll be something in there to protect the server against malicious
or accidental insanity (spinning with "while True: pass", trying to
read/write files, trying to execute commands, using up all of RAM with
"x = []\nwhile True: x.append(1)", etc, etc, etc). That's actually a
very hard problem to solve, not something where you can just say
"Here, this is how to run Python via a browser".

ChrisA